|Date published:||15 Sep 2018|
The issue of improving technology coverage in the agricultural sector has hit various debates globally. As such, it prompted initialization of the robotic milking machine. Ideally, it is a type of automated tools that tend to deal with processing of milk from a cow without involving the application of manual labor. Currently, the majority of the dairy farms have embraced the technology surrounding the robotic milking machine given that it is simple to examine and screen the whole milking process. Therefore, the paper settles on the evaluation of the robotic milking machine in its entirety.
A robotic milking machine is used to milk cows and comprises of elements assembled and designed mainly for serving 200 cows per hour. It consists of a cluster, pulse tube, milk tube, a vacuum pump and a milk meter used for noting total milk yield and related liquid contents. The cluster carries teat cups, a shell and a lining device that facilitates the milking process. The milk tube transports milk from the udder of the cow to the receiving tanks while the pulse tube regulates air pressure during the milking progression.
The Features of a Robotic Milking Machine
Interestingly, the primary features concentrate on the cow-friendly design that allows for increased yield and higher quality milk. Further, the teat cups are safely parked in the arm not to touch the ground, which improves health issues. The robots are more efficient in cleaning process and stimulation activity that considerably reduce the rate of mastitis in cows. “One of the things we were looking at is the quality of life that we had and trying as a family to get the tedious job of milking done in a time-frame that wouldn’t be so demanding,” said Doug Steinsland.
The Benefits of a Robotic Milking Machine
The benefits range from the small scale to the larger scale farmers and which includes:
1) It is efficient since it uses a small amount of energy, achieved by using electric motors and not compressed air.
2) It is fast, consistent, and offers very high accuracy levels. It can milk more than two hundred head per hour.
3) It is reliable since it is constructed using stainless steel, hence can last a lifetime, and it is easy to maintain cleanliness.
4) It is less expensive given that it reduces related running costs, hence profitable to the farmers.
5) It caters for both the cow and operator’s comfort.
6) It boosts the milk production rate by 10%.
7) It delivers results and data far more accurately, and can trace individual production much better.
The uses of a Robotic Milking Machine
The machine in useful in:
- Guiding the cows in the shed where milking is to take place.
- The device helps in the identification of each cow in the farm.
- Milking the cows.
- Checking the cows.
- Recording data concerning every cow.
In summary, the technology has led to many developments in the field of agriculture. There has been increased production in dairy farming since the discovery of the robotic milking machine, and it is only a hint of what the future holds for dairy farms.