Types of pollution caused by urban transportation
1. Air pollution – Air pollution is contamination of the indoor or outdoor environment by any chemical, physical or biological agent that modifies the natural characteristics of the ecosystem.
POLLUTANTS CAUSED BY AIR POLLUTION
1. Include particulate matter.
2. Carbon monoxide.
4. Nitrogen dioxide.
5. Sulphur dioxide.
Sources of air pollution.
1. Household combustion devices.
2. Motor vehicles.
3. Industrial facilities.
4. Forest fires.
Causes of air pollution.
Carbon dioxide this happens because of deforestation and fossil fuel burning.
Sulphur dioxide – due to the burning of sulphur containing compounds of fossil fuels.
Sulphur oxides- very dangerous to humans at a high concentration sulphur inside the ecosystem is liable for acid rain.
How to control air pollution ?
1. Maintaining a healthy distance between the industrial and residential areas.
2. The gasoline must have anti knocking agents.
3. The automobiles must be designed with emission control system.
4. The wastes must be removed and recycled in the industrial plants and refineries.
5. Timely servicing of the vehicles helps to keep it good condition.
6. Minimizes fuel emission.
7. Using public transportation helps to prevent air pollution.
AIR POLLUTIONS DO HAVE
1. Health effects.
2. Effects on cardiovascular health.
3. Effects on breathing ( bronchial asthma).
4. Links to most cancer.
5. Effects on youngsters.
2. Noise pollution.
Noise pollution is excessive, displeasing human, animal or machine-created environmental noise that disrupts the activity or balance of human or animal existence.
Sound turns undesirable when it disturbs the regular activities such as working, sleeping and during conversations.
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
Stated that noise have to be identified as a primary risk to human properly-being.
Sources of noise pollution.
Transportation systems are the main source of noise pollution in urban areas.
Poor urban planning.
Trains, Aircrafts ,Machines and so on. cause noise pollution.
Effects of noise pollution.
• Noise pollutants adversely influences the lives of millions of people.
• It can damage physiological and psychological fitness.
• High blood pressure, stress related illness sleep disruption, bearing loss and productivity loss are the troubles.
• It can also cause memory loss, panic attacks.
Solution of noise pollution
1. Planting trees and timber in and round sound producing assets is an powerful solution for noise pollution.
2. Regular servicing and turning of automobiles can correctly reduce the noise pollution.
3. Social focus applications have to be taken up as much as teach the general public approximately the motive and outcomes of noise pollution.
4. Workers must be supplied with gadget’s which include ear plugs and earmuffs for hearing protection.
5. Soundproof doors and windows can be set up to block unwanted noise.
6. Factories and industries must be placed far from the residential areas.
WAYS TO REDUCE TRANSPORTATION POLLUTION
BURN FUEL CLEANER
1. Keep your vehicles nicely – tuned and tires inflated nicely to lessen exhaust emissions.
2. Combine errands into one journey —vehicles pollute less while they may be warmed up.
3. Avoid idling — idling exhaust contains extra pollution than running exhaust.
BURN LESS FUEL
1. Minimize driving by working and gambling toward domestic.
2. Plan errands to avoid needless using.
3. Accelerate gradually — a easy start uses less gasoline.
BURN CLEANER FUEL
1. Low-sulphur gasoline (to be had within the Twin Cities) reduces pollutants via 10-15%.
2. 85% ethanol fuel (E85) can be used in flexible fuel vehicles.
3. Other alternative transportation fuels such as natural gas a bio-diesel are maximum realistic for fleets of vehicles.
A professional writer will make a clear, mistake-free paper for you!Get help with your assigment
Please check your inbox
I'm Chatbot Amy :)
I can help you save hours on your homework. Let's start by finding a writer.Find Writer