Questions on Project Management Fundamentals
1.Which of the following is not a project?
2. Which of the following is not correct about initial phase of a project?
3. At which stage, does a typical project has maximum cost?
4. At which stage, in a typical project do stakeholders have maximum influence?
5. You are the Project Managers of XYZ consultants. The Project team members are from Finance and HR departments. The team members report to Finance and HR Managers respectively, and you have limited control over them. What type of organizational hierarchy does XYZ consultants follow?
6. The Project Managers have maximum authority in which type of organization?
7. Which organization is closest to Functional organization?
8. Which of these is not one of the constraint of a project?
9. There are two processes in the initiating process group. These are part of which knowledge area?
10. Which of the following is a project?
1. c. Projects must be a unique endeavor. Piloting a flight is a regular day-today operation, and not a project.
2. a. There is minimum requirement of personnel and hence minimum cost at the project initiation stage.
3. b. In the middle stages, the resources and cost usage is maximum.
4. a. It is easy to make changes to project goals and approach at the initial stage. Stake holders have maximum influence at this stage.
5. c. The team members report to Functional Managers.
6. c. In strong matrix organization, Project Managers have more authority.
7. a. Weak matrix organizations have a similar characteristics to Functional organizations.
8. c. Projects constraints are Scope, Resources, Quality, Schedule, Budget and Risk.
9. d. The two processes Develop Project Charter, and Develop Preliminary Project Scope statement are part of project integration management knowledge area.
10. b. Other operations are ongoing operations and not projects.
Questions on Project Risk Management
1. Andrew has joined as the Project Manager of a project. One of the project documents available to Andrew lists down all the risks in a hierarchical fashion. What is this document called?
2. Which of the following statements is true about risks?
3. Beta is the Project Manager of a Road construction project. During a project review, meta realizes that one particular risk has occured. To take appropriate action against risk that has happened, Beta needs to refer to which document?
4. During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
5. During which stage of Risk planning are modeling techniques used to determine overall effects of risks on project objectives for high probability, high impact risks?
6. Andrew is a Project Manager for Green Valley project. A risk management plan has been prepared for the project. Which of the following should Andrew do next?
7. Which of the following processes has risk register as the primary output?
8. Five of the processes in Project Risk Management are from which process group?
9. John Strauss is a Project Manager for a reforestation project. To identify the risks involved, John sends a questionnaire to gather inputs from experts. Which technique is John using?
10. Mathew is a Project Manager for software migration at a bank. A major risk that has been identified is attrition of resources. As a strategy to respond to this risk, Mathew, with support from Senior Management, provides good increments to his team members. What type of risk response is Mathew following?
11. Which of these is a valid response to positive risks?
1. d. Hierarchical description of risks is called Risk Breakdown structure.
2. c. Risk register documents the risks in detail.
3. a. Beta needs to refer to the Risk response plan that documents responses to identified risks.
4. c. Risk probability and impact are defined during Qualitative risk analysis.
6. c. Risk identification is performed after performing the risk management plan.
7. b. Process of Identify Risks has Risk register as the major output.
8. b. Five of the six processes in Project Risk Management are part of the Planning process group.
9. a. John is using the Delphi technique to identify risks.
10. d. Mathew is mitigating the risk by reducing the probability of risk happening
11. Risk mitigation is a response to negative risks and not positive risks. Positive risks may be responded by Exploit, Enhance, Share, Accept.
A professional writer will make a clear, mistake-free paper for you!Get help with your assigment
Please check your inbox
I'm Chatbot Amy :)
I can help you save hours on your homework. Let's start by finding a writer.Find Writer