In modern America there are variety of sources and informative places where an individual can get accurate news of African American.
These sources are critical for the study of American history and African-American culture, history, politics and arts. These sources include:
Don’t waste time! Our writers will create an original "African Americans Reliable News Sources" essay for you
- Chicago Defender
- Los Angeles Sentinel
- Jackson Advocate
- Atlanta tribune
- Black news.com
- Black Voices.com
- People’s voice weekly
These newspapers provide researchers with information that was excluded in mainstream sources. In addition, these newspapers offer different kinds of programming, stories or other issues as discussed below:
Chicago Defender (1910-1975)
- It’s the leading African-American newspaper.
- It was founded in 1905
- It was crucial paper for the colored or negro press
- It played a major role in influencing movement of African Americans from southern rural to urban North.
- Have more than two thirds of its readers outside Chicago
Los Angeles Sentinel (1934-2005)
- It was founded in 1933
- It’s the oldest and biggest black newspaper in western United States.
- It had reached about 124,000 readers by 2004.
- It focuses on articles of improving marketing and increasing subscriptions.
- It’s owned by United States
- Founded in 1938 by Percy Greene
- It talks against injustices and accomplishments by African Americans.
- It has received numerous awards about 68 years ago.
- It encompasses events in the African-American Community
- It is the major daily newspaper in the metropolitan area of Atlanta, Georgia and America.
- It was first published by Cox Enterprises
- It is the combination of Atlanta Journal and Atlanta constitution
- Its headquarters are found in Dunwoody, Georgia.
- It was focused on recounting stories from African-American culture.
- Published in the Northern America then spread to other parts of the world.
- It was first published in the 19th century b y Philip Alexander Bell’s
- It was created to uplift the black community.
- It was also meant to educate Southern blacks about Victorian society
- Black voices.com
- American historical website
- First appeared in the Orlando Sentinel website
- Its content targets the African “American culture
- It was structured with news articles
- It was used to announce multimillion-dollar three-year deals.
- People voice weekly
- It was discovered back in 19th century in Canada.
- It contains histories of socialists and communists.
- It entailed Labor movements and ethnic groups.
- This newspaper changed its newspaper to Pacific Tribune.
- It was banned in 1939 for publishing ant-war editorials during wartime
Commentary based on:
Laguardia, Cheryl, African American Newspapers. 140.8, 2015, 99-100.
Vercellotti, Timothy, and Paul R. Brewer. To Plead Our Own Cause Public Opinion Toward Black and Mainstream News Media Among African Americans, “” Journal of Black Studies 37.2 (2006): 231-250
Caburnay, Charlene A., et al. “”Black newspapers as a tool for cancer education in African American communities.”” Ethnicity & disease? 18.4 (2008): 488.
Bridges, Anne E., and Janette Prescod. “”Guide to Selected African-American Materials in the UTK Libraries.”” (1993
LaVallee, Carol, and Scott M. Waring. “”Using SOURCES to Examine the Nadir of Race Relations (1890“1920).”” The Clearing House: A Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues and Ideas 88.4 (2015): 133-139.